A most decorative piece of early 20th century signwriting. The reverse hand painted sign technique became popular after the 1851 Great Exhibition in London's Crystal Palace. Painted in reverse on the back so it could be read correctly on the front. This framed glass sign originates from a sailing loft in Hayle, Cornwall, UK and was salvaged for its superb decorative appeal. An ideal decorators piece with just the right amount of patina and wear.
Condition commensurate with age and use. The black mark is dust trapped between the two sheets of glass which could be clean and restored if so desired, however we like it as it is.